1999 Chrysler Town and Country

Old 11-15-10, 10:41 PM
1999 Chrysler Town and Country

Friend has a 1999 Chrysler T & C. Not sure of miles. Blower for heat and A/C quit working on all settings but high only. This vehicle has front and rear A/C, and heat. The rear blower works on all settings. Just the front one that only works on high. Is this a blown blower motor resistor, or does it change speeds through the BCM, if this vehicle in fact does have a BCM? I should mention that this has the 3.3L V-6 engine.

Last edited by crazycory22; 11-15-10 at 10:42 PM. Reason: Added info
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-10, 12:58 AM
It does have a blower motor resistor module mounted at the firewall near to the passenger side strut tower. Look for a 5 wire connector. When they fail, and that is fairly common, the results are often what you are describing. Around a $15.00 part and should be less than a 5 minute R&R.

Old 11-16-10, 04:57 AM
Quite often when thy burn out it is because the blower motor is on its way out.
If it is easy to get an amperage draw on the motor or to visually inspect the motor windings it may be of benifit

Old 11-16-10, 11:49 AM
Don't have an ammeter to use, and I don't know of anyone that has one. I'll keep in mind about the possibility of the motor going south. It started doing this just after a heavy rain, and water some how managed to not drain from the cowling.