95 Crown vic, but could be for any car

Old 12-07-10, 12:12 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
95 Crown vic, but could be for any car

My driver's window seal has an air leak in it when it is shut. The guy at the parts store didn't have anything that would fix this. It gets progressively louder the faster the car goes. I was thinking of caulk, but then realized it would be a royal pain. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thank you much!!

Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-10, 12:50 PM
Super Moderator
I dont know the type hinges your car has but my Chevy s10 door would drop an inch when opened. The pins and bushings were shot. This cause a gap between the seal and door on the hinge side. Air would blow in while driving. I changed the pins and bushings and door seals tight. Shuts 100% also. Used to have to slam it to catch the pin to close the door.

The only other thing is the seal around the door is deteriorated and needs to be replaced. Try a junk yard.

Thats all I can think of and hope this helps.

Mike NJ

Old 12-07-10, 01:28 PM
thank you, but I had changed the door pins and bushings 2 months ago. I can feel air coming in through the window track.

When I got the car, the door wasn't hung right because the previous owner tired to adjust the door instead of doing the pins and bushings so I had to lift the door to close it.

Cold day today for changing the oil in the driveway, but it was close to due I think, forgot to write down the odometer reading last time.

Old 12-07-10, 01:30 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
If it's a sedan [not a hard top] you could take a narrow strip of cloth and close the window up to it. The cloth should seal the window. Tape might also work
As Mike noted, you need to replace the window seal.

Old 12-07-10, 01:35 PM
Super Moderator
Was the gasket replaced for the wire harness for the door to the fire wall.? If not wind can get through and up in the door through the window track. Mine came out a couple of times but I have after market wires run for fog lamps and the gasket never fit right and I did not feel like rerouting. Its a rubber boot looking thing.

Oh and if power windows the window braket at the armature could of came loose and the window is mis aligned. Try rolling the window up with someones help guide the glass up with your palms to get the glass all the way up and straight. We used to have to do this with crank windows when they would go up crooked.

Mike NJ

Old 12-07-10, 02:35 PM
It has power windows. I did replace the window regulator back in March. Thank you much, I will try the cloth. The roof is steel.