Chevy Cobalt 2006 - Headlamp adjustment

Old 01-04-11, 01:21 PM
Chevy Cobalt 2006 - Headlamp adjustment

Another question on that Chevy Cobalt... I noticed when my son and I were traveling home after dark one evening that the car's headlights appeared to be focused to a point on the road just in front of the bumper - maybe 10 feet. Popping the hood to take a look, I wasn't able to see the normal 'horizontal' and 'vertical' adjusting screws - although there was a single threaded-screw, with something like a 'torx'-headed screw on the top of each headlamp assembly.
Does anyone know how these headlights are adjusted and more importantly the proper procedure for adjusting them? I seem to recall, the lights should merge together on the right beam somewhere around 20 feet when focused on a wall at that distance.
Thanks,
greynold99

Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-11, 03:11 PM
yep, those are the standard GM alignment fixtures. no different on my Silverado. if you pick deeper inside, they are connected to flat gears, that adjust angles as you turn them. there are 2 of them, you just need to fish for the other one.
just google headlight alignment procedure. white garage door or wall comes handy, as you'll have to have reference marks - masking tape - placed on them.