Power locks and windows don't work

Old 01-10-11, 06:29 PM
Power locks and windows don't work

I have a 99 Olds Silhouette. The power locks on the doors have never worked by the door control, but do work with the key fob. The power windows used to work. The passenger side was the first to go. It stopped working from the control on the pass. door, but did work from the main control on the driver door.Then about a year after that, the driver window also stopped working. It would work only very rarely, and only after playing with the switch a bit, and the pass window stopped working altogether. Now neither window or power locks work. (the locks still work from the key fob.)We have replaced all the switches on both doors, and the fuses are fine. All the wires we can see look ok. Any suggestions on the next step??? Thank you

Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-11, 07:52 PM
knowing GM, i'd start replacing window regulators. but, 1st, get to the window regulator power plug and check if it has 12V on it when activated by button. it's no rocket science, door panels are easy to remove, and basic voltmeter will work.
fuses are all good?
btw, those doors are not water tight. rain leaks into them badly. i am safely assuming, all contacts are oxidized. maybe a little bit of tlc with electronic cleaner for every every contact will do the trick?

Old 01-11-11, 07:47 PM
thanks for the help, i'm going to try what you suggested