Heater/air conditioner fan/blower in '92 Chevy Caprice

Old 02-04-11, 09:52 AM
Heater/air conditioner fan/blower in '92 Chevy Caprice

It has been working overtime this winter and yesterday it was running slower and slower and finally stopped. The switch was on "hi" and it was running like it was set to the lowest position before completely quitting.

Does anyone know where the fan unit is located? I've looked under the hood and removed lower panels of the dash to no avail. I can't seem to find anything about it in online searches either.... gotta "buy" something to find out anything.

Any info on location and how to get to it would be greatly appreciated, as always...
Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-11, 07:13 AM
Well.... 28 people have viewed this without a single reply. I guess I'm S-O-L on this one. Time to go buy some info or take it to someone that knows more about them. Something tells me I'm going to be parting with a fair sum of money. Adios....

Old 02-05-11, 08:33 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I don't about your particular vehicle but most are mounted under the dash, more or less behind the glove box.

Old 02-21-11, 09:47 AM
Had to remove the lower dash panel, passenger's side, and then remove the right side panel that covers the electronic control module. There is a plastic cover that has molded tube-like feature on the bottom of it that has three screws. That is the cover for the fan motor. Remove the electrical plug and the three screws and you can get the thing out. I think I had it completely done in less than an hour not even knowing what I was dealing with.... I could do it in less than half an hour if I had to do it again! My major problem was that I was looking for a fan motor housing and that isn't exposed on these units. Gotta keep an open mind about how things are going to look when you work on something new, that's all.

Old 02-21-11, 02:43 PM
Under the glove box area. You can get info on how to change it for free at autozone.com you register and they give the service manual for free online for most things. this is a simple 15-30min job. Don't check your thread 24times to make the hit counter go up.