Energizer Battery Jumpstarter with Air Compressor and Power Inverter

Old 02-28-11, 06:31 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Energizer Battery Jumpstarter with Air Compressor and Power Inverter

This relates to the Ford Windstar to which I made an earlier post... and a recurrent problem of a brake pedal that sticks...resulting in a dead battery.

A neighbor has allowed me to use his Craftsmen product which charges the battery. It is something from the 1970s...but still works like the day he bought it.

However, I have been looking at the Energizer Jumpstarter with Air Compressor and Power Inverter. I do not know if this purchase would be "over-kill" for my particular needs. I can definitely see a basic need of jumping cars when they are dead... and filling low tires... but the power inverter seems to be a tool that I might not need.

Energizer 84020 12V All-In-One Jump-Start System

Old 02-28-11, 06:55 PM
G
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Check Wally World. They have several models from $70 - $90 with the starter battery and tire inflator.
I haven't looked, but I would bet Amazon would also have them.

Old 02-28-11, 08:59 PM
Received 62 Upvotes on 53 Posts
does it cook?

i do not have heart for things that are trying to seat with one ars on three chairs. usually, they are good for nothing. hey, you might be the lucky one though. fix the cause for your electrical problem, be happy.

Old 03-01-11, 05:52 AM
Group Moderator
Received 250 Upvotes on 202 Posts
FWIW, the the tire inflator portion of the beast has a very short life span. Used to have that kind on the wrecker, actually my portable jump box currently in use has a dead inflator system. Started carrying an air tank for doing tires. Heck of a lot faster and no moving parts.

Old 03-01-11, 09:05 AM
R
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
jumper

A good jumper is in the $200 neighborhood. The cheaper ones are just a false since of security. Been there,done that.

Old 03-18-11, 06:32 PM
B
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Energizer All-in-One

The Energizer 84020 has received favorable reviews to the point that I have actually decided to make a move and picked one up on Amazon.

Old 03-19-11, 05:21 AM
Group Moderator
Received 250 Upvotes on 202 Posts
A tip on the tire inflator system. Pay strict attention to the maximum run time allowed, usually 10 minutes I think; I'm sure that contributed to the ones I've killed as I often had to fill up a spare that hadn't seen air since the factory or sometimes mutliple low tires.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: