20001 honda odessey

Old 03-08-11, 09:21 AM
20001 honda odessey

My rear brake drums are making a loud screeching sound on occasions.New shoes were put on 2 months ago but when I take it back it doesnt do it.I bought the van from my sister who bought it new in 2001 and she said it hadnt happened before.A mechanic says the brakes look good.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-11, 11:05 AM
Do the sounds happen when the brakes are cold only? It sounds like the noise issue could possibly be related to the kind of linings they installed. Some lower priced ones use semi-metalic material that often have some issues with this type of noise even after the linings are broken in. I would check first in regards to what material is on the linings if they can tell you. I am assuming that this is the first replacement of the rear linings on the vehicle, and for sure all OEM linings are designed not to make noise so your sister would not likely have had any problems like this. As a first step I would suggest that you check and see what exactly they installed as a starting point. It all could come down to the material on the brake shoes.

Old 03-08-11, 11:14 AM
I talked to my sister's husband and now he has informed me that it has been happening off and on for the last 5 years and it seems to happen whether they are hot or cold.Therefore its probably not the brake shoes.It could be the drums.I just hate going parts crazy if you know what I mean.

Old 03-08-11, 06:09 PM
no, no going crazy. de-glaze the drums inside. be happy.
also, drums and rotors must be broken in properly. if i were you, or the fella in question, i'd have all rotors and drums de-glazed, then properly broken in.

Old 03-08-11, 06:13 PM
http://forum.doityourself.com/passen...ur-rotors.html

is Honda even supposed to be around in year 20 001? just kidding...