04 Chevy Malibu Classic--blinker and warning bell

Old 03-19-11, 12:33 AM
04 Chevy Malibu Classic--blinker and warning bell

My 04 Malibu Classic blinker click sound and interior warning bell sound will just start going off for no reason. I read on an old post that said to replace the flasher button/switch. I go a new one from a Chevy dealer, but it did not solve the problem. I took the new one back since it did not work. Could it have been a bad one or is there something else I can replace?

Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-11, 08:56 AM
blinker click sound and interior warning bell sound

blinker click sound? what is it? hazard light/click?
interior warning bell? open door chime? seatbelt chime?

Old 03-19-11, 11:32 PM
Blinker click sound is the sound that the blinker or hazard makes when it is engaged.
The interior warning bell sound is the same bell sound the car makes when the car is low on gas or seat belt warning and things like that.
No lights come on during this just the sounds, but the sounds and lights still work correctly when they are suppose to.

Old 03-20-11, 10:47 AM
that's a good one, buddy. so, you have hazard click and warning chime coming up at random, all by themselves, without any lights. just to make sure, do they both come at the same time, or it's random this or that?

i hate electronics. they get monkey brains at will and all one does is chase ghosts in the wires. you either have short in the according wires somewhere, or your BCM decides to do this at will. body control module. i had a car once that will honk during right turns only by itself. was wire exposed in horn wires in the steering column.

basically, if you want to DIY, you need wiring diagram, and track it down where the wires go and where they can get shortened. if it's BCM, then it's not good news. you may have it as a separate piece, or it may be a part of ECM. if it's a separate piece, maybe you can find one to try, swap them, and see what happens. salvage yards, buddies, etc. good luck.

Old 03-20-11, 01:15 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Have the "BCM" (Body Control Module) scanned for error codes. Post any codes that are present. Also rule out a combination switch problem. The combination switch is also called "Multi function Switch".