Honda Odyssey rear brake problems

Old 04-04-11, 08:18 AM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Honda Odyssey rear brake problems

My 2001 odyssey rear brake drums are sqeeching but when checked they look fine any advice

Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-11, 08:20 AM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
Who checked them and how? Did the drums get pulled? Are the pads worn? How many miles on them?

Old 04-04-11, 09:25 AM
E
If the drums were pulled were the brakes cleaned off at that time? By looking fine do you mean they still had plenty of lining material on them? What did the surface of them look like? Any signs of glazing that could have been caused from overheating due perhaps to a sticking parking brake?

Old 04-05-11, 07:20 AM
P
I've read where they have replaced these drums with a thicker one I was hoping someone had done it to make sure thats the problem.The shoes are less than a year old and look good but the noise comes and goes sometimes louder than others.It sounds like a school bus does when your stopping.The brake drums are over a $115 a piece I dont mind buying them if thats the problem so I'm asking around to see if this is the answer.

Old 04-05-11, 08:19 AM
E
It does sound like the problem maybe related to side surface drum thickness and resonating. In a way I guess they are now singing to you as the friction surface wears. You could try pulling the drums and giving everything a really good clean with brake cleaner and see if that eliminates the noise for a while at least. If not, it seems that new thicker drums will solve it. It sounds like that's why they came out with them. There certainly is lots written in cyber space on this same topic.