95 Chevy Lumina van front brakes

Old 04-07-11, 12:08 PM
95 Chevy Lumina van front brakes

Good Afternoon,
I have a 1995 Chevy Lumina mini van with the 3.8L V6 my front brakes are very bad & I want to change them. What I would like to know is if anyone can tell me what I need to take the calipers off?. Like a allen head or torx head & the size I need?. As I will not be doing it here so I just want to make sure I have the right tools!.
Thank you for your help & time!
Will,

Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-11, 12:21 PM
Group Moderator
Will, you can find the procedure on AutoZone's site under the repair info section. It makes reference to possibly needing Torx on "some vehicles". No indication what size bit.

Old 04-10-11, 08:31 AM
Originally Posted by the_tow_guy View Post
Will, you can find the procedure on AutoZone's site under the repair info section. It makes reference to possibly needing Torx on "some vehicles". No indication what size bit.
Good Afternoon,
Thank you for the help I'll check it out & see that figures as I had all my allenheads out don't know why they just don't use bolts so much easier to grab on to!. I would not mind but I'm a great one for striping things plus I'm doing it at my cousins since she has a flat driveway. You sure are right I would love to measure it with a micrometer & cut it with my grinder this way I would not to have to use trees any more to stop her!. LOL
Once again THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!
Will,