2003 Windstar - ABS & Traction Control lights on

Old 04-08-11, 03:06 PM
2003 Windstar - ABS & Traction Control lights on

Hi - 2003 Ford Winstar (90K) both the abs and traction control lights on the dash are staying on, however both only come on when the van is put into drive. Some one told me that there is a Ford recall and/or a technicl service bulletin on this but so far I cannot confirm that. Really want to avoid the big service $$ of a ford dealer to address this - anyone to point me in the direction to fix this - Man thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-11, 08:37 PM
I would start by verifing the Master Cylinder is full of fluid...Check it first & let us know... Roger

Old 04-09-11, 06:21 AM
Originally Posted by wendl View Post
Hi - 2003 Ford Winstar (90K) both the abs and traction control lights on the dash are staying on, however both only come on when the van is put into drive. Some one told me that there is a Ford recall and/or a technicl service bulletin on this but so far I cannot confirm that. Really want to avoid the big service $$ of a ford dealer to address this - anyone to point me in the direction to fix this - Man thanks
A quick call to the dealer would answer the TSB question. Any stored codes?

Old 04-10-11, 10:07 AM
to be clear...you mean the brake fluid resivoir/container - its not quite full - maybe 1/2 - located on the rhs up top og the engine - Thanks in advance

Old 04-10-11, 08:47 PM
Left & right are from the drivers seat, not looking @ the unit from the front, so I assume you mean the left side (driver side) of the engine compartment. The right side has the power steering & coolant tank.. Please verify this.... If the resivoir is low check the brake pads as they may be worn,, If O.K, top up the fluid, check for leaks & hopefully the lights will go out... Roger

Old 09-21-11, 08:35 PM
Got it scanned, code is C1095 - hydraulic motor pump malfunction -

Search this Thread