wet floorboard

Old 04-28-11, 03:54 AM
wet floorboard

Hi,
We've got a recently bought 1998 Honda Accord. With all the recent rain, we just noticed that the carpet under the driver's feet is soaked. It's not from wet feet getting into the car, but I can't find anyplace where iwater is coming in. Where should I look, any ideas? Someone mentioned a blocked a/c line as a possible culprit.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-11, 04:09 AM
Group Moderator
A blocked ac drain would generally put the wet spot on the passenger side vice driver's, plus since you mentioned it had rained that pretty much narrows it down to a seal somewhere. Most likely I think would be the windshield. Check and back and we'll probably have a Honda owner who can shed some light; might be a common area for leakage.

Old 04-28-11, 06:53 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
My wife used to have a 99 merc mystique. I don't remember exactly where the panels were but the dealer had to recaulk [1 door at a time] over a 1-2 yr period to fix the leaks. Her car would only leak when subjected to a blowing rain. It started at the passenger front and I suspected the windshield but the dealer said the door needed recaulked and that fixed it until the next door started to leak

Have drowned the outside of the car with a water hose to see if you can pin point the leak?

Old 04-28-11, 07:02 AM
I also think it sounds like it is the windshield seal area leaking. Is there any evidence that the windshield was replaced recently, perhaps just before you purchased the car? If this looks like a strong possibility I would look into having it taken out and again reinstalled. Any way of contacting the previous owner to also confirm one way or another, and if so, who installed it as they may offer some kind of customer focused warranty.