Power Lock on Passenger Slider Door Not Working - 2007 Chrysler Tonw & Country

Old 05-03-11, 04:25 AM
Power Lock on Passenger Slider Door Not Working - 2007 Chrysler Tonw & Country

2007 Chrysler Town and Country Van, Touring, Automatic Transmission, 3.? L engine

Problem

power door lock will not unlock passenger side sliding door. Door lock operates manually, when the button is pushed down, it locks, when it is pulled up, it unlocks, like normal. Neither the buttons on the driver door, nor the key fob will unlock the sliding door automatically. All other doors open automatically with either the key fob or the driver door unlock button.

No parts have been changed to date. No work has been done to address the problem either by a mechanic or myself.

Id like to know where I can find wiring diagram or other troubleshooting aids. I have a feeling it may be a bad wiring / electrical connection somewhere and need help finding how to chase that connection down, use a multimeter to find a wire that should be energized when the button is pushed, etc.

I have alot of experience using a multimeter - In my previous work assignments I designed wire harnesses for John Deere construction equipment (don't think that makes me a John Deere equipment expert! - we have a lot of equipment out there).

Let me know where I can find info to get started!\

Thanks!

JDWireman

Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-11, 11:00 AM
Failing sliding door lock actuators are a known problem with this vehicle, so this would be a likely place to start, though you can also test for power reaching the actuator also with your multimeter hooked to the wiring harness connector and activiating the door lock switch. My guess it is the actuator unfortunately. The actuator itself is probably around $50, and once the door trim panel is off it should not be that hard to change out.

Old 05-05-11, 07:09 PM
Any advice on how to remove the door trim panel? Any suggestion on where to buy the parts? Part numbers, etc? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Old 05-07-11, 02:05 PM
I don't know your vehicle but trim pad removal usually involves removing 2 or 3 screws, example one often behind the inner door handle bezel and perhaps under any upper level plastic garnish trim there might be on the top of the door pad. The rest of the panel will be attached with plastic clips that can be pushed out with pressure under the pad at each clip by even using something like a paint scrapper tool wrapped in a cloth though there are also special tools available for this.

You can buy an actuator through any parts store or look on line where there are several reliable sources and with UPS delivery options.