Electronic dash blank

Old 05-23-11, 11:27 AM
Electronic dash blank

I have a '93 Merc Villager with the electronic inst cluster. A few days ago the a/c blower and dash went out together, Bulb check and cruise also are not working. Any ideas as to the problem?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-11, 11:51 AM
A first step might be to locate all your fuse locations and check them. This information should be in your manual including which fuses protect which items. My guess is that this is very possibily the problem. Other possibilities could be a poor ground connection. I don't think that your vehicle would have a body control module, but if it does, these computers control all such items also, and then you are looking for connecting harness problems, as well as fault codes from the computer itself.

Old 05-24-11, 05:36 PM
I have checked all fuses, I have even checked relays, by swapping out.
Today I removed as much of the under panel as I could. I thought maybe there might be an inline fuse.

Old 05-24-11, 05:39 PM
Also disconnected battery for approx 5 mins. any other ideas?

Old 05-24-11, 10:52 PM
I think a next step would be to check all harness connections, including the fuse boxes. Check for looseness and corrosion, especially in areas that are exposed to the elements, or even where they are behind wet carpets if there are any. Also check all grounding cables/straps. You may need a wiring diagram to help you with this. At this point it sounds more like a power supply issue than an individual component failure. Electrical failures are difficult to diagnose on a forum other than to answer in general terms. It's kind of like calling your doctor and telling him you have a headache and asking him why without going to his office, but regardless this forum is always about helping people.