Car makes odd noise

Old 06-01-11, 07:00 AM
Car makes odd noise

I have a 2003 BMW 330xi. After driving for a while, it starts to make this weird sort of clicking noise kind of like there is a cricket in the vent to the left of the steering wheel. I was thinking that it might be the AC, but I am not sure. If anyone has any ideas that would be helpful.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-11, 09:13 AM
To help try and solve this issue can you provide more information? Have you checked if the noise is also coming out of the other front vents also? Have you turned off the blower, and if so is the noise still there? With the car parked and running can you hear the noise from under the hood? The first step in understanding your issue is to try and isolate the approximate location the noise is originating from. In this case to understand whether it is coming form the HVAC system, or from within the engine compartment, or perhaps from only a squeak where two surfaces are in contact and rubbing together as the body twists with movement. In the last case car makers today try and isolate material surfaces that join using foam tape for instance but to further provide you assistance the more information you can provide the more likely you will receive helpful opinions and possibilities.