Nissan Altima car door handle

Old 06-01-11, 08:10 PM
Nissan Altima car door handle

my driver side car door handle broke off. Tried gluing back together using JBWELD, no good.

Called the dealer, says the handle is $75 and the repair would be another $275 total $350...for a car door handle?

They said it's complicated the entire door needs to be taken apart.

Will call a body shop tomorrow to see if they can do it cheaper but $350 for a car door handle is crazy!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-11, 05:14 AM
Group Moderator
I would be very surprised if you couldn't get it done for considerably less labor cost. Even at a dealership's labor rate, $375 has to be at least 3 hours. Last time I did a door handle (wife's previous Camry), I think it took me about 45 minutes. Can't imagine yours would be that much more complicated.

Any competent full-service garage could replace that.

Old 06-02-11, 05:20 AM
Group Moderator
Might want to check aftermarket sources for the handle, too. You didn't mention what year/etc Altima, but I found one for a

"Replacement Door Handle - Front Or Rear, Driver Side, Exterior
For 1998 Nissan Altima SE 4 Cyl 2.4L"

**$6.97**

The down side is that it's black so would need paint; I think generally you can order the OEM one's in color.

Old 06-02-11, 05:43 AM
Everybody is hungry these days. That door handle install is part of a one minute job cycle on a 'doors off line' when the car was built. Disassembly of course does add time to the replacement job, but I agree with the Tow Guy, 45 minutes including 5 sips of coffee.