PO113 Engine Code Chev Equniox

Old 06-02-11, 07:26 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
PO113 Engine Code Chev Equniox

"06 Chev Equinox 3.4 LV6
I am getting a chronic engine code of P0113 (Intake Air Temp Sensor Circuit High Input Pending).

Where is this sensor located?????

I searched all over the intake manifold and air intake and even looked at AZ site and it's not listed.

The code started a few days after I blocked my EGR Valve port with a metal gasket. ( I was having P0405 Codes and wanted to eliminate the faulty EGR Valve)
I removed the metal blocking gasket and installed a new EGR Valve but I still keep getting the P0113 code. Is this related to what I did? and where is the Air Intake Temperature Sensor located?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-11, 08:36 PM
After further research I discovered that the Air Intake Temperature sensor is part if the Mass Air Flow sensor at least I think so.
Please confirm this......

Old 06-03-11, 05:24 AM
Group Moderator
Received 38 Votes on 30 Posts
Appears to be separate or at least here's one that would be for your vehicle:

PartsTrain.com - Hard to Find Auto Parts and Truck Parts - 2006 Chevrolet Equinox)

By the looks it would be screwed into your intake manifold or somewhere in the air intake system. Externally it looks a lot like a coolant temp sensor.

Question: That's a pretty young vehicle; have you checked to make sure it's not still under Federal emission system warranty?

Old 06-03-11, 05:30 PM
Tow Guy, how would I check to see if it's still covered?

I started having problems last summer with the EGR then finally replaced it my cost at $90.00.

The MAF/ AIT sensor is about $70.00....wow it's really adding up.

Last month I forked out $200.00 for a new cooling fan assembly!

Don't like these GM vehicles anymore......next one gonna go back to Fords.

Old 06-03-11, 06:12 PM
Received 39 Votes on 31 Posts
Original Manufacturer Warranty

Coverage: Years/Mileage:
Basic 3 years or 36,000 miles
Drivetrain 3 years or 36,000 miles
Emissions 8 years or 80,000 miles
Corrosion 6 years or 100,000 miles
Transferable No cost, unlimited owners covered
Roadside Assistance No data from source
Safety Belt & Inflatable Restraint No data from source
Specific Components No data from source
Notes: Emissions: Applicable to light duty trucks equipped with light duty gasoline engine. Manufacturer covers emissions components under basic warranty. Emissions coverage may vary by state. Refer to owners manual for specific details. Transferable: No cost, unlimited owners covered. Maintenance: Alignment and wheel balancing are considered maintenance after 7,500 miles. Diesel: 6.6L Duramax diesel, 6.2L & 6.5L diesel covered 5/100,000 with $100 deductible after 3/36,000<br /><br />. Beginning with 2005 model year the 6.6L Duramax diesel engine will have federal emission coverage for 5/50,000, no deductible. Notes: Includes surface corrosion, batteries, adjustments, alternate transportation, roadside assistance, tires.

2006 Chevrolet Equinox Lt SUV recalls, safety ratings at CARFAX

Old 06-04-11, 09:47 AM
Unfortunately that warranty ONLY applies to California cars, the regular 3yrs/36,000 applies to mine and all other 49 states in the Union. Dealer wants $112.00 for the MAF/AIT sensor, my parts guy wants $95.00 with core......I ordered the the dang part.

Old 06-07-11, 08:19 PM
Ok......I found what was REALLY causing the P0113.
After wasting $100.00 of my hard earned money on a new MAF/AIT Sensor I further researched online and found several posts with the same problem. In many of GM cars they used a very short harness for the MAF/AIT Sensor and it pulls every time the engine torques eventually breaking the wires just before the connector.
You should have 5.0 volts at the connector using a multimeter with the key in the on position but not running......I had 0.0 volts. After scraping back the insulation I found the broken wire and soldered it. Now I have 5.0 volts at the connector again.
The real rest will be driving it through the day tomorrow to see if the engine light stays out.

Old 06-10-11, 05:58 PM
Yep, that was it......CONFIRMED!

I hope this thread helps others.

BTW........GM uses this same design on many of it's models.