2005 Chevy Trailblazer - AC Blower motor just quit

Old 06-06-11, 02:31 PM
2005 Chevy Trailblazer - AC Blower motor just quit

all of a sudden the fan stopped blowing, then turned off, turned off AC and recirulate, came back on for rest of 30 minute ride. after starting truck again, fan didn't move. when I turned fan to OFF, felt trickle of cold air coming through vents. Anyhting a DIYer can look for (fuse) before taking to shop?

Thanks,

Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-11, 07:59 PM
if you look inside the cab - under the glove box area- you will find the wiring/connector for the electronic blower speed control.
you will probably find that the connector & controller/module are melted- & in need of replacement

Old 06-07-11, 05:21 AM
Are you saying the connector could be melted, or Module melted? or both? Is this fairly common? I was hoping it would be a fuse or something, but probably no such luck. When you say module, is this basically the blower motor? what kind of $$ am I looking at?

I am breaking down and taking the truck to a local Chevy dealer, can't have my wife and kids without AC in upcoming 90-100 degree temps. Any suggestions there? Always leary that "extra" work will be done and fear getting ripped off.

Also having the dealer look at the fuel gauge issue (not working) which I heard alot of trailblazer owners complain about...he will check to see if there is a TSB based upon VIN, but he said the problem is either in the cluster or in the tank. If in the cluster, is that a simple, or costly repair?

Thanks.

Old 06-07-11, 06:52 AM
You problem is most likely what Newtofta said. I have a 03 Trailblazer and a very similar problem occurred. It was the blower motor resister circuit located behind the glove box. The dealer wanted in the area of $150.00 to fix it. I bought the resister from the Chevy dealer parts for under $30.00 and replaced it. Replacing it only took around 20 minutes and I still think you can get one for under $30.00 at any auto parts store. The gas tank problem I have not have but from what I understand water gets on top of the tank and rusts out the sending unit, some of those are covered under a ext warranty. Mine is one as GM sent me a letter stating such and thus would extend the coverage for that part for a total of 10 years. Good Luck

Old 06-07-11, 11:38 AM
OK, I was somewhat encouraged by the $150 estimate in Kev91's post, and it turns out that the resister and connector DID melt... but just got word from the dealer that it will cost $398. Breaks down to $101 for connector, $67 for resistor, and $230 labor. Can that be 2hrs labor??

Search this Thread