2006 Chevrolet, Equinox, Automatic, 6cyl, SUV - Light switch replacement

Old 07-01-11, 04:18 PM
2006 Chevrolet, Equinox, Automatic, 6cyl, SUV - Light switch replacement

I noticed than when driving at night I can change the lights to high and low beam, but the indicator in the dashboard does not show the change. Sometimes the lights will change from low to high beam by itself. I brought the car to the deal and they sai that the light switch needs to be replaced. Does anyone has instructions on how to do this change? The mechanic at the dealer said I will need a steering wheel removal tool to change this switch.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-11, 05:54 AM
Group Moderator
Not really a DIY project; among other things you would be disconnecting and removing the airbag to access the steering wheel hardware PLUS needing a puller. Any competent full-service garage can do it, doesn't need to be a dealer$hip.

BUT, there's a chance the switch can be changed without removed the steering wheel. I did a Google and found a couple of references to removing the switch (multi-function switch), by simply removing the trim on the column and releasing the tabs that secure it. Having said that, you are still working around the airbag.