LED Light circuit testing?

Old 07-06-11, 02:52 PM
LED Light circuit testing?

I am in the process of installing a hitch and trailer wiring on my infiniti fx35. The car has LED bulbs and I am installing the correct converter that is powered with a separate feed.
My question is----can I use a regular 12V circuit test light? If not, will I need to buy the proper testlight or use voltmeter?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-11, 09:31 PM
Are you testing the trailer lights with it??? Are you probing wires with it?? If you use the correct trailer converter, You shouldn't need the testlight... Roger

Old 07-06-11, 09:52 PM
I have a Curt converter that requires splicing. I chose this because it was less the $20.00 from RockAuto. The factor converter would have to be ordered and is was over $100.00. Might have to get factory converter. Trailer lights could be checked with this test light, but I don't want to take a chance with the auto's electrics.
Well---It just occured to me that an LED test light with a LED bulb must be available!
Correct??

Old 07-07-11, 09:21 PM
Your first post said you were installing the correct converter,,,You have an Infinity FX35.. I think that is a High End Car,,, You chose the aftermarket converter because it was over 80.00 bucks cheaper??? Why do you guys spend the big money on a high end car than Nickle & Dime the repair stuff??? I Don't understand....You can't afford the 100.00 converter??? If you're concerned about the car's electrics, Spend the money & get the right kit... Just My Thoughts.... Roger

Old 07-07-11, 09:48 PM
hopkinsr2------
I have a Curt converter that requires splicing. I chose this because it was less the $20.00 from RockAuto. The factor converter would have to be ordered and is was over $100.00. Might have to get factory converter. Trailer lights could be checked with this test light, but I don't want to take a chance with the auto's electrics.
Well---It just occured to me that an LED test light with a LED bulb must be available!
Correct??

Old 07-08-11, 06:57 AM
I know the Mac Tool dealer in this area has LED ones.. I can't remember the price, But I'm thinking I saw one at our Napa store.. Try Napa or any local auto parts stores that also sell tools. I think most of them do now.. Roger