2008 Chrysler sebring a/c works on & off

Old 07-28-11, 01:57 PM
2008 Chrysler sebring a/c works on & off

I have a 2008 Sebring 2.4 that the a a/c only works sometimes. When does work it seems very cold. It seems to come on around 2000+ rpm and at 65 mph it seems to be half way cold and then at times it seems to get colder? I have had it to the dealer and they checked for leaks and the compressor was fine. They weren't sure from there with out spending more time on it. I did try a different a/c heater control panel, no help.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-11, 06:11 PM
Just to help everyone understand what been done so far, are you saying that the high and low system pressures were checked when you say the dealer said the compressor was fine and there were no leaks? As a basic first step also have you power washed or otherwise cleaned the rad and condensor to ensure that air is flowing well through them when idling, or driving slower than 65mph? Have you also confirmed that your cooling fans are operating properly?

Old 07-28-11, 07:46 PM
Yes, the high & low pressures were checked. I have not checked the other things yet. Driving it today it seems to work while at idle (stopped) and when I decelerate or accelerate it gets a burst of cold for a 5-10 seconds then back to little or no cold?

Old 07-28-11, 09:26 PM
One cause of intermittant cooling is having air and moisture in the system that causes ice to form in the tubes, creating some intermittant blockage, then melting, and then freezing up again. If that is the case your system will need to be evacuated with a vaccum pump and then replenished with R134. There are temperature sensors that can also fail causing similar scenarios, but I am thinking your issue could involve moisture in the system based on what you have said.

Old 08-01-11, 06:35 AM
check

What is best way to check for this? Where are the sensors located?

Old 08-01-11, 04:26 PM
Could it be the AC clutch?