2002 boniville anti lock brake/ traction controll ?

Old 08-15-11, 03:00 AM
Question 2002 boniville anti lock brake/ traction controll ?

driving to work this morning and the traction controll off and anti lock brake light came on have no idea why
any thoughts on why this might have happen??
just a note that last week i changed my front hub bearings and did a full brake job and lots of rain this morning if this helps any??
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-11, 08:17 AM
well, if you had your hubs replaced, that enticed removing ABS sensors. Normally, new hubs come with new sensors, at least ones I replaced.
Question is - did you have new sensors installed? Or simply old ones re-installed?
From that one, question is - who did the job - you or Mr Nice Mech?
If it was you, remove wheels and scope sensors and harnesses for kinks, disconnections, etc.
Pull sensors out and make sure sensing surfaces are perfectly clean.

Old 08-15-11, 10:16 AM
yes the new hubs came with new sensors and i did the work myself i
had a feeling it might be a loose wire or bad connection or something or maybe since it was raining some water got in there but i will disconnect them and connect them again and see if it clears up the problem
thanks

Old 08-15-11, 10:35 AM
Super Moderator
No Pro of any sort...but I think many of these connectors require diaelectric grease to be applied. Seems I remember some parts I bought for a trailer hookup came with it...but a replacement fog light didn't?

Old 08-16-11, 07:55 PM
well, you'll need to reset codes in ECM too. locate the ECM fuse and pull it out for at a minute or so. some say, the longer the better.
When I replaced hub on my Silverado, running sensor wire back to connector was a pita. Some odd angles and bends. And it all had to be just right and in right place, or there was no way to even plug it back in.