Chrysler T&C minivan - side door switch not working

Old 08-19-11, 09:30 AM
Chrysler T&C minivan - side door switch not working

I have a 2006 Town and Country minivan. My side doors can be automatically open by the console in front and by my remote opener. They cannot be opened by the push switch on the door column on both sides of the rear seats. All fuses look good. Also, if the fuse was blown I would not be able to open the side doors from the front panel. I can't believe both switches would go bad at once. Any assistance will be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-11, 03:40 PM
my one and only Chrysler I ever had had door switch going loose from vibration continuously, resulting in it self - disabling itself. I finally got tired and zip-tied it into the panel.
I'd start with taking the switch out of housing, cleaning with electronic parts cleaner, lubricating with electrician grease, and re-installing. See what happens next.
MOF, on my Silverado, driver side power window stopped working. It did it before, so I routinely ordered new window regulator, just to find out that regulator motor connector oxidized and lost connection. Now I have 2 working regulators and am $68 lighter for no reason.

Old 08-19-11, 03:55 PM
Are there child safety switches there somewhere?

Old 08-20-11, 11:27 AM
Couldn't find an child safety over ride. I pulled the passenger side rear button and pulled off the connection. It looked clean so I put it back to together and everything worked. Thanks for the guidance.