2002 chevy impala

Old 08-20-11, 07:41 AM
2002 chevy impala

Some times when I'm driving the car stutters for about 1 sec then continues fine.
This may happen 2 to three times in 20 miles. Then again It will not happen for a few days. This morning when I went to work when I pressed on the gas the car bodged down It did this in forward and in reverse but it idled fine. I let the car sit untill I got home and It worked fine. I replaced the fuel pump last year only because the gas gauge did not work. Any ideas or where I can start to look. I went to auto zone to have the codes looked at and there are none. Thaks

Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-11, 08:01 AM
Well you could start with a liquid mechanic solution before you get into other things. I would be tempted to simply pour some good injector cleaner into the tank for $5 and see if that cures things. Not saying it will, but it did on one vehicle I had once with the same intermittant issues and no codes and I did it in spite of always wondering how good such products are. That said has all the required maintenance been done around plugs, wires, filters etc.? How many miles on the car?

Old 08-20-11, 08:44 AM
New plugs and wires going on today. I have 189000 miles on the car now. I'm also changing the fuel filter. This car is nothing but problems Never get a free car.