Found the reason for blowing heater fuses in my 2000 Focus: RUST

Old 09-15-11, 09:30 AM
Found the reason for blowing heater fuses in my 2000 Focus: RUST

I removed the heater fan and found it was seized due to rust. The housing was wet inside. I must have a leak & I suspect the windshield but I don't know positively if there's a path for water to get to the blower housing from a leaky windshield. If yes then I need to get the windshield re-sealed. If not then I have 2 problems to fix!

Hopefully someone can tell me for sure if it's possible.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-11, 09:46 AM
looks like you are in Michigan ?
I would suspect a rust through of the sheet metal under the wiper blades, just in front of the windshield.
or a body seam-seal failure. could be a rust through at the windshield seal flange ?

Old 09-20-11, 06:58 AM
The car is rust-free. The leak may have started after the windshield was replaced a year ago. My daughter took it back in when it dripped on her hand and the glass shop RTVd all around the glass--filling the gap between glass & sheetmetal. A lame fix, IMO. The leak continued but she just lived with it. That's why I asked if there is even a path for water to get from the windshield to the blower housing--I wanted to know if there could be a single source for both problems.