2006 Honda Accord

Old 09-30-11, 04:50 PM
2006 Honda Accord

My check engine light came on the other day and I had someone read the code and it comes up as my number 1 O2 sensor. I have been trying to find out which is my number 1 sensor but I can't seem to find anything that says in specific which one is the number 1 O2 sensor. I was wondering if someone could lead me in the right direction, a website that will tell me or if someone can tell me. I just can't seem to find it. Thank you for your help. Oh yeah I have a 2006 Honda Accord, V6. Thank you again!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-11, 05:38 AM
How many miles on your vehicle? Did you buy it new? Does it use oil? If you clear the code, does it come back?

Old 10-01-11, 06:04 AM
Group Moderator
I would echo those questions. A 2006 is a bit young for needing an O2, although not unheard of. What would be best would be to know the actual code that was displayed; normally on a V6 it would translate to something that included which bank is affected. Not sure how Hondas are set up; you could have from 2 to 4 sensors. If there are only two, #1 would be between the exhaust manifolds and the catalytic converter (ie before the converter) and #2 would be after the converter. If you have 3 or 4 sensors, the designations get a bit more complicated.

Before I started replacing parts, though, I would clear the codes and see if it comes back as 2granddaughters suggests.

Old 10-01-11, 11:22 AM
it's bank one sensor, front of the engine, down in exhaust.

I hate to sound like broken record, but replace fuel tank cap, pour can of Seafoam into tank and flush in with gas, pull ECU fuse out for a minute, then go on freeway and give her 70mph for about half an hour or more. I fixed dreaded O2 sensor code on my wife's Lexus 3 times with this.

Btw, when we were looking into buying one for her, EVERY SINGLE ONE we looked at, in pre-40 000 miles range, had O2 sensor bank one code.

Old 10-01-11, 12:21 PM
Group Moderator
Maybe it's just you, uk.

Old 10-01-11, 06:45 PM
naahh, we looked at 6 or 7, and all had CEL on and we were told it's O2 bank one replacement. We bought ours with no CEL and around 30 000 miles on it, and it did throw that O2 code at around 60K. I had it fixed with Seafoam 3 times thereafter, then replaced sensor.

Old 10-15-11, 07:47 AM
It has 80,000 miles, I bought it used in 2009, I change the oil in it regularly, I cleared the code out of it, and drove for about 100 yards and it came back on. But the light seems to come and go now, after I put gas in my car it went away and then a few days later it came back on. Then the other day when I was driving, I took off in my car pretty hard and it went away and it hasn't come back on since, and that was about 5 days ago. So I guess now I am more confused then ever. I will try your suggestion though uk and see if that helps it out any. Thank you for your help

Old 10-15-11, 12:29 PM
oh yeah, if it shows relevance to refills and sharp driving, I'd definitely give it Seafoam treatment. Cars are like grass trimmers. They do not really like to be driven "half way". Partial combustion clogs everything.