2012 Hyundai santefe GLS AWD i4, ESC and DBC problems

Old 10-03-11, 12:49 AM
2012 Hyundai santefe GLS AWD i4, ESC and DBC problems

2012 Hyundai santefe GLS AWD i4

Last week I purchased a 2012 Hyundai Santefe GLS AWD i4. Today while driving for the first time on the highway the ESC (electronic stability control) and the DBC (downhill brake control) lights came on. The lights were constant red and came on after about 15 minutes of driving. There are less than 200 miles on the car, it was a clear night and level road I was doing about 50mph. I checked the owner’s manual and a constant red light is a malfunction. Next week I am going to the dealer on an unrelated repair. If this problem continues I will also ask to have this repaired. I want to avoid a situation where the dealer says it’s normal for a new car, it needs to break in. So the question is is it a break in issue or a legitimate trouble. Thanks.

Last week I purchased a 2012 Hyundai Santefe GLS AWD i4. Today while driving for the first time on the highway the ESC (electronic stability control) and the DBC (downhill brake control) lights came on. The lights were constant red and came on after about 15 minutes of driving. There are less than 200 miles on the car, it was a clear night and level road I was doing about 50mph. I checked the owner’s manual and a constant red light is a malfunction. Next week I am going to the dealer on an unrelated repair. If this problem continues I will also ask to have this repaired. I want to avoid a situation where the dealer says it’s normal for a new car, it needs to break in. So the question is is it a break in issue or a legitimate trouble. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-11, 03:04 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I should think any warning light that shows a malfunction should be a "warning" to get it fixed. It definitely is not "normal" for the lights to illuminate on a new vehicle. Keep meticulous records and pictures of the dash when this happens (pull over first).

Old 10-03-11, 12:42 PM
Thanks for all the great info! Hyundai seems to be stepping up there game when it comes to stlye and performance. Im sure they will take care of these problems as soon as possible. We will see

Search this Thread