1995 Jeep wrangler over heating

Old 11-13-11, 09:02 PM
1995 Jeep wrangler over heating

I have a 1995 Jeep wrangler, 4 cylinder. I am overheating because I am losing water but not from the radiator or hoses. It is dripping out of my heater (there is no A/C) on the passanger side both in side and out. I haven't been able to track down the source of the leak, I believe it is in the heater itself but I can't see anything. I am about to tear the heater apart but wanted to know if anyone has ever experienced anything like this or knows what may be the cause.

Thanks,
Andy

Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-11, 03:17 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Welcome to the forums! Yeah heater core leaks just like a radiator. Unless you have already done so, I would buy either a Clymers or other manual for your model Jeep so you will have a piece by piece breakdown as to how to remove the core. It varies on different models and years. Once removed, you will probably be able to see obvious signs of where it leaked. Take it to a radiator shop to have it fixed and reinstall it. Not rocket science, but you may find yourself working upside down for an hour or so doing the removal.

Old 11-14-11, 04:32 AM
Group Moderator
Never done a Wrangler before, but if I had to make a guess I would say it's probably going to be somewhat easier than a lot of cars where you have to dismantle a good portion of the dash to get at the core.

Old 11-14-11, 05:18 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
You should also check out the prices for a new heater core - it might be cheaper than having your's fixed. A new core will also be clean on the inside = better heat

Old 11-15-11, 06:03 AM
Group Moderator
Good advice . Just did a quick lookup and they're available for under $50.

Old 11-16-11, 03:49 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I don't think you can get one fixed for less than $50, so new would be the way to go.

Search this Thread