altenator or fuse problem

Old 11-14-11, 04:25 PM
Question altenator or fuse problem

I have a 1999 Ford contour and a few weeks ago my car just shut off and wouldnt crank, it only made clicking noise. So I had the altenator replaced, and a new battery, I drove it around for about a day and a half, and before the car cut off, the radio shut off 1st... so I took the car to Auto Zone, the altenator wasn't charging, so I got another one, It did the same thing.. So I got 3rd altenator it was charging and I only drove around for 2hrs and the car cut off again... I think its a connection problem..Can anyone help?

Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-11, 05:59 PM
yes, I agree with you. it's connection problem. where at? well, that's virtually anywhere between your alternator/ignition key/battery/ electric control module.
very likely - bad negative somewhere. equinox will prolly say it's bad ignition station, and I will not argue that either.

Old 11-14-11, 10:27 PM
check with your local FORD Dealer.
I worked for the Dealerships for 30 yrs.
& I remember some sort of PROGRAM concerning Contour-Wiring Harness,
It wont cost any thing to have them run your veh. ID# - to see what program MAY still be in effect on your vehicle

Good Luck

Old 11-17-11, 07:52 PM
thx, I may try tht, but Im thinking it a fusible link, but thanks for ur help, anyway