97 Buick Century Limited 2 doors open to operate windows??

Old 11-28-11, 04:21 AM
Angry 97 Buick Century Limited 2 doors open to operate windows??

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Help!! I cannot understand this!! I have to have any two doors open on my car for the windows to be operable!!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-11, 04:24 PM
open as in ajar?

I am not a big fan of doing it, but have battery disconnected overnight. also, read my post here saying "not a day without learning something new". basically, full blown ECM reset procedure. Doors and windows are controlled by BCM, but it might exorcise the evil spirits as well.

http://www.doityourself.com/forum/pa...thing-new.html

Old 11-28-11, 10:05 PM
Question Thank you!!!

I appreciate the help!! I sure hope it works! Lol. Maybe you can help me figure out this other weird
phenomenon: This is my second car in a row that has a soaking
wet floorboard! My last car, a Dodge Stratus, was wet like this one!! Not just damp, but a puddle! Nobody could figure it out. I just
bought this Buick on Tuesday and again with the puddle in the
floor!! Ugh!!

Old 11-29-11, 04:53 AM
Group Moderator
Only really three ways for wet floorboards: Windshield leak, heater core leak, clogged ac drain. Okay, maybe a fourth - body rusted through somewhere.

Old 11-29-11, 12:36 PM
maybe you just have soft heart for wet spot in your cars? As you apparently keep buying them that way.

like GG said... I vote for side windshield seal leak. Or even top seal leak, then it drips down along the pillar A and onto the floorbed.

You can clean it well, degrease, and put a ton of clear silicone from HD all around the windshield trim. If it stops the problem (works only temporary) - you know what to do next. I had it done/redone several times on my Silverado, finally gave up and replaced windshield. good ever since.

Old 11-29-11, 04:40 PM
Thanks guys!! Really appreciate your input! Will see which it is and let you know.

Old 11-29-11, 06:00 PM
please, do. we really appreciate posts back, as we learn from them and can pass experiences onto others in need.

Search this Thread