2008 Nissan Pathfinder Outside Temp Display not reading correctly...Help!!

Old 11-29-11, 08:26 AM
2008 Nissan Pathfinder Outside Temp Display not reading correctly...Help!!

I have had my 2008 Nissan Pathfinder into the service dept at the dealership 3x now.. They replaced the Temperature Sensor and told me problem solved and it wasn't, so then they replaced the AC auto amplifier and again, said it was fixed... Again, not!! The outside temperature display reads incorrectly intermittently. Last week it read 14° when it was 41° outside. We haven't had a 14° day this year.... After 15 minutes it finally went up to the correct temp... A couple days ago, it read 29° and it was 61° outside. I drove for 30 minutes before arriving home and the temperature never went up to the correct temp. The dealership says I need to bring it in when it is doing this, but I live 40 mins away, by time I get there, it could be at the correct temp... I have photos to prove this to thim, but anyways they said they have to duplicate it... Hoping someone may have had a similar experience and provide me with some insight :-) I would take it somewhere else, expect, I recently bought it at this dealership and they have to cover the cost of repair and to take it to another repair shop could become costly... Frustrated.... Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-11, 06:09 PM
well, find yourself a nice spot to stay at for 3-4 hrs next to dealership. let it cool down completely, and then drive straight in. movies or something.

Old 11-29-11, 07:43 PM
As a new customer for them, perhaps they will agree to keep your vehicle and let you drive a loaner until they sort it out. Is this a Nissan dealer you bought it from?. If so make sure they check for any TSB's (service bullitins) issued from Nissan on this problem. If not it sounds like they are still guessing with new parts also. After three trips to the service dept I think you have a right to suggest they just keep your car and call you when it is finally repaired. If it is not a Nissan dealer, maybe it is time they asked one to also have a look at it. I am sure that yours is not the only one with this problem, and it may very well be specific just to your particular model and year where there is a known correction already documented, and that maybe very different than what are obvious generic possibilities such as temp sensors etc. It can easily even be Body Computer (BCM) related, harness related, and also display related for that matter.

Old 12-06-11, 08:41 PM
Hi... Thanks for the reply... Yes, it is a Nissan dealer that I bought it from and you would think that they would offer a loaner, I did ask for one, but I guess since it is a used vehicle they won't... only reply I received was they only keep a couple of loaner vehicles. I am very disappointed of course and will never buy from this dealer again or Nissan for that matter... Both times I had it in there it was reading the wrong temp and they hooked it up to there diagnostic equipment, so I really think they are guessing and throwing parts on it... Thanks for suggestions.... I did call some shops and the BCM was mentioned... No shops will even touch this thing though, say it has to go to a Nissan dealer.... After a lot of phone calls to the General Manager, they are now having me take it to another Nissan dealership to try and diagnosis it since they can't!! lol... and they are paying for it...as they should

Old 12-06-11, 09:18 PM
I am sure that everyone on this forum hopes that a Nissan dealer, or Nissan customer service even will get this issue corrected for you. Please let us know what they find and correct for others who may run into a similar situation, especially if it turns out involving a problem with the BCM, and or BCM harness/connections. As even your dealer has not been able to solve this so far, and they have access to your vehicle, and should know it better than anyone, all we pretty much have left here to offer are only wild guesses I think. Just hope that your dealer really does come through for you on this one way or another.

Old 12-07-11, 10:29 AM
I understand your frustration but the correct outside temp reading isn't really that important, is it ?? The vehicle works good other than that, doesn't it??
Let the dealer know that you are upset and maybe they'll give you some free service (oil changes, tire rotations etc) in lieu of fixing temp display.