96 buick lasabre abs light

Old 12-15-11, 08:07 AM
96 buick lasabre abs light

Geetings
L.f. wheel bearing went on the car. Changed bearing and now abs light comes on intermittenly.....have access to a snapon mt2500 scanner, however I am not well trained on it, all I can say is when I put it in abs mode and drive car all the sensors seem to read the same. Appreciate input on this matter.
Thanks......Dodger

Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-11, 09:15 AM
ahhh.. so you installed new hub bearing.. did you install new ABS sensor or used old one? is connector nice and snug? if you re-used sensor, was sensor nice and clean, and if not, was it cleaned before reinstall? dirty sensors will trip ABS light easy. And from what I remember, they always cut wires just long enough, and they are pita to reinstall back, with all kinds of sharp angles.

Old 12-15-11, 05:46 PM
thanks for the reply ukrbyk, my mistake for being in a rush earlier, allow me to fill in blanks. left front tire starts making noise (kinda like a whell bearing) after a couple of days abs light comes on, so I replace wheel bearing (came out in two pieces so I guess I hit the right one). I n this year and model the abs sensor is integrated into the wheel bearing (all together one peice) wire was snug but not too tight and connection was clean (double checked later when problem started) So....light went out after bearing change but now comes on ALMOST daily, and only when starting car....I can turn car off and re-start and light goes out till the spirit moves it to happen again ???....once again, any input appreciated.
Dodger

Old 12-15-11, 07:37 PM
for starters, ABS light is supposed to come up when you turn the key, then go away. ECM is testing ABS system.

this thing:
1996 Buick LeSabre - Timken 513087 Front Hub Bearing Assembly ??

pull ECM and ABS fuses overnight. Clears all error codes, etc. see what happens next. I'd still check on connection.