Service engine light

Old 12-20-11, 08:10 PM
Service engine light

I was coming from the store this morning, and the service engine light came on. `When I got home, I checked all the fluids and the gas cap. I drove around for awhile, then went to auto zone for a scan. They told me a thermostatic code came up. Is the Thermostatic really hooked up to light. It is a 2002 blazer.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-11, 08:50 PM
A "thermostatic" code can turn on your Check Engine Light..It has to do with the cooling system of your truck. Several things can cause this..low or weak coolent, bad thermostat or bad ECT(Engine Coolent Temp. sensor) Keep an eye on your Temp.Gauage the next few days so if you do have a problem you don't over heat you motor.

Old 12-21-11, 04:37 PM
RatRodPontiac,
Since the light came on, I have been watching all the gauages to see what if I could find the problem. Only thing I have noticed, is the themp has dropped about fifty degrees.

Old 12-21-11, 04:45 PM
Group Moderator
Showing colder makes me think the temperature sensor is not working correctly.

Old 12-21-11, 05:17 PM
I am thinking, it is more the thermostat, because it doesn't seem to blow heat like it use to, and it takes longer to heat up. And so far it hasn't really gotten any cold out side. I am going to the shop tomorrow to get it fixed. The last time I changed a thermostat my self, I didn't have a car for 2 days. I cracked the thermostat housing, and couldn't find one in stock.

Old 12-21-11, 05:24 PM
Group Moderator
Yeah, I can see that - the gauge is showing low and you have less heat because the thermostat is opening too soon.

Old 12-22-11, 11:53 AM
Had thermostat changed, flush system, and changed cap. Temp gauge now showing 200 or so, were it use to be. The heat is really kicking now, I see what happens, when it finally cools off out side. It is still getting into the 40's during the day. Thanks to all for the replies.