heater blower stopped working

Old 12-25-11, 10:46 PM
Received 11 Upvotes on 10 Posts
heater blower stopped working

Yesterday all of a sudden my heater fan stopped working in my 92 Accord. Fuse is fine. I'm guessing the heater blower gave out. Is that a reasonable guess or should I consider other cause such as heater blower resistor or other such electrical related component involved with running the blower? Haven't had a chance to look closely under the dash yet but could anyone tell me off hand if getting access to the blower motor is gonna be a big ordeal? Any comments/suggestions appreciated. thanks

Old 12-26-11, 07:58 AM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
There is a blower resistor according to autozone.com.
Could go there and see illustrations.

Old 12-26-11, 08:23 AM
B
Received 13 Upvotes on 9 Posts
Usually when the resistor goes you only have high speed.

Old 12-26-11, 09:50 AM
Chilton manual says to remove the blower motor I need to first disable the airbag (SRS) system, then remove the glove box, then remove the glovebox frame, then the blower duct. Says in models equipped with airbags on both passenger side and drive side (dual) then I should disable both sides. I don't know if mine is dual or not. I have the VIN though. Maybe if I called a Honda dealer they could tell me by that whether I have the dual bags? Also, even though the fuse is good, could this issue be a the relay gone out maybe?

Last edited by sgull; 12-26-11 at 10:10 AM.
Old 12-26-11, 01:07 PM
B
Received 13 Upvotes on 9 Posts
If you haven't done so, check YouTube for a video. Guy on another forum pointed me to one on my alternator problem which will save me a mountain of frustration I'm sure.

Who would have thought the stator pulls right out? I had no idea.

Old 12-26-11, 05:34 PM
I took out the blower motor and hooked it up directly to a battery and it would run off and on and not smoothly when it did run. I pulled back the boot where the wiring enters into it and looked and you could see that the armature (or stator or whatever that brass looking motor part in there is) was all scored and there was metal shavings all around. So anyway I'm pretty certain now the motor needs replacing. Ordered the part and will be fixing it soon. thanks everybody.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: