2008 kia optima thermostat

Old 01-07-12, 02:21 PM
N
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
2008 kia optima thermostat

Where is the termostat in the 2008 kia optima 2.7 V6 and how do you replace it?? The heat does not work in the car .. but yet it doesnt overheat. I was told the first thing to do is to change the thermostat.

Old 01-07-12, 03:00 PM
Received 24 Upvotes on 19 Posts
What does the temp gauge show on the instrument panel when the engine is warmed up? Is it in the normal range?

Old 01-08-12, 06:16 AM
Group Moderator
Received 250 Upvotes on 202 Posts
After answering the temp gauge clarification question, if it does need a thermostat, the thermostat can generally be found by following the upper radiator hose to the engine/intake manifold. The housing will usually be held in place by two or three bolts. Ensure both gasket surfaces are completely free of old gasket material before bolting it back together.

The question as to the temp gauge indication would be geared toward something in the "delivery" system for heat, i.e. a blend door in the ducting system that is not operating. In that case the water would be plenty hot (gauge showing normal operating temp), but the blend door could be stuck in a non-heat position.

You can find more info on autozone.com in the repair section. You'll have to input it as a 2006, that's the newest year they have repair info for the Optima.

Old 01-08-12, 04:26 PM
Received 62 Upvotes on 53 Posts
hey, TG, try your method on 3.0 L Toyota I-VTEC V6. You will never find it. I spent countless times trying to locate t-stat. Lord save me from ever going to replace it, so well it's hidden and so much plumbing needs to be undone to get to it. Oh, including starter removal, as fockers placed final junction right above it.

Old 01-09-12, 04:19 AM
Group Moderator
Received 250 Upvotes on 202 Posts
Yeah, I think every once in a while the auto engineers think up weird locations for stuff just to keep the wrench-turners on their toes.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: