Repairing small body dents in car hood

Old 02-19-12, 12:10 AM
Repairing small body dents in car hood

I have several small body dents in the hood of my Ford Mustang. Is there any way to remove these myself? By going on the underside of hood and applying repeated gentle pressure of some kind? Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-12, 05:54 AM
Super Moderator
If the dent very shallow and wide it could be possible to push it out but if it is relatively deep the paint will crack.
Anything that would have to be tapped with a hammer would need to be sanded and refinished.

Also, most hoods have two layers where it could be difficult to get at where the dents are.

Old 02-19-12, 03:06 PM
When you say several small body dents are you talking about small hail damage or damage from someone's rear sitting on it? If it from hail, and the vehicle is in good shape you might consider bringing it to one of the guys that can repair without breaking paint. They are in the yellow pages for example. These guys often will come to your drive, and are used alot by detail shops. Not breaking paint will help make the repair more affordable.

Old 02-19-12, 05:22 PM
+1 ^^^^^^^^^^^ Its called Paintless Dent Repair, great technology. Type the same in your browser for your area shop locations.

Old 02-24-12, 10:45 AM
Old 02-24-12, 07:13 PM
just looke up hail damage repair on youtube. plenty of that