air bag light

Old 02-28-12, 03:27 PM
air bag light

I was on my way home, from picking the kids up at school, and the air bag light came on. It only lasted about a mile, is this anything to worry about. I really don't want that bag coming out in my face. It is as 2002 blazer.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-12, 03:48 PM
Don't want it coming out in your face for sure, or shooting your head off as you try and disassemble it from the wheel. Best to check for codes as a start. Sometimes it can be something as simple as a corroded/bad harness connector, but generally airbag systems are better to leave to the pros in my opinion. All about safety in repair and safety on the road.

Old 02-28-12, 08:20 PM
modern air bags have several sensors in seats and backrests, determining driver position on the seat. esp, if you have side curtain airbags. sometimes, shifting weight on those can trip airbag light. My son used to launge in my Camry pass side seat, and every time light will come up.
but yes, corrosion does come in play. what did it say, btw? airbag off? or just light?

Old 02-29-12, 09:43 AM
It doesn't say, or read anything, it is just a picture of a person setting in a seat, with air bag in there face. They use the same picture for the set belt minus the air bag, that is what I though it was a first. I started yelling at the kids for taking there set belt off, then I looked again, and saw the asir bag.