2001 Nissan Altima LE Radiator Fans not working at all!!!!

Old 03-26-12, 11:30 AM
2001 Nissan Altima LE Radiator Fans not working at all!!!!

I have a nissan altima that has been checked over by my mechanic for everything except electrical. My radiator fans aren't working at all and it is causing my car to overheat if it idles to long. I was told by my stepdad that in order for him to look at it he needs a electrical schematics diagram for my car. Does anyone know where I can find one online with color coding and such???

Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-12, 12:19 PM
Super Moderator
Autozone has diagrams (you'll have to sort through them to find the right one) but they don't have wiring color codes I don't believe. They go pin to pin from each connector or junction.

Go to their site, add your vehicle then select repair guides....

Not sure if they have the cooling fan diagrams for a 2001...looks like they only go up to '99 on that.

You need a new mechanic.....finding why a cooling fan won't run is pretty simple...even on newer cars.

Fuse, relay, sensor, fan motor, wiring, or ECM...thats about it.

Old 03-26-12, 03:19 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
The Haynes repair manuals usually have wiring diagrams in the back of the book. They are pretty handy to have if you plan to do much work yourself on your vehicle.

btw - welcome to the forums!

Old 03-26-12, 04:50 PM
These are good for fan motors......Before you go nuts looking for diagrams........A test light to the motors plugs........with the A/C on engine running, do you have power ??????and do you have ground?????.......If you're lacking one or the other THEN a diagram is in order

Old 03-26-12, 05:57 PM
c'mon, guys... what are the libraries for? repair manuals in each and one of them.