2005 Nissan Maxima Starting Problem

Old 04-04-12, 07:48 PM
2005 Nissan Maxima Starting Problem

My 2005 Nissan Maxima has a starting problem after it is warm. Originally it occurred occasionally, usually when it was warmer outside, but now it happens all the time. If it has been running for 10 min or more then shut off then try to start it a few min later it will initially start, sputter a litter then die. If I continue to try to start it, it sometimes turns over and dies immediately or just doesn't turn over. If I wait 20 to 30 min after this occurs it will start right up with no problems. If it hasn't been running too long it will start, but occasionally it will struggle at first. It will sputter and will accelerate very slowly for about 20 to 30 seconds and then will be fine. Once car is running it has no problems at all. Please help!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-12, 08:02 PM
The first suggestion you will always see on this forum is to check for diagostic fault codes so if you haven't done that yet, I would do that first. Parts counters such as AZ will check for free and give you a list of potential issues from their desk computer that is linked to their scanner. while not always the best advice is provided it is a good start. If the problem is heat/temp related it could be the temperature sensor that talks to the engine computer for example, but that is only a wild guess at this point. Some other possible causes for your problem also but checking for codes is the first repair step.

Search this Thread