Fuel?

Old 04-24-12, 07:40 PM
Fuel?

Car quits when turning corner then goes again , why ?

Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-12, 06:18 AM
Group Moderator
Year/make/model? I'm guessing you've already eliminated low fuel level in the tank. Next most likely would be a loose electrical connector that is loosing contact because of the centrifugal force of the turn. May be a tough one to track down.

Old 04-25-12, 08:06 PM
well, power steering is taking some power away from engine, and that one is prolly on its last leg. or, you have a loose wire somewhere, touched by steering components whilst turning.

Old 04-25-12, 09:05 PM
Hope OP comes back with year, make, model, mileage. I am not discounting lower than specified fuel pressure at this early point either.

Old 04-26-12, 04:41 AM
Group Moderator
Could be, since his foot would be off the gas in a turn. P/S a good catch, uk; that one escaped me. I'm thinking maybe something simple like a rubbed coil wire that leans over and shorts out in the turn.

Old 04-26-12, 05:06 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
My son recently had the same type of problem with his toyota - he found out that the power to the fuel pump was grounding out when the car turned under certain circumstances. Not saying that's it - just another thing to check.

Old 04-27-12, 04:21 AM
Group Moderator
Was thinking along those lines when I penned the coil wire remark; could very well be power to fuel pump being lost.

Old 04-27-12, 01:09 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I had an '86 Nissan Hardbody with a v6. Same problem. They replaced everything on the top of the engine from injectors to throttle bodies, etc. Then about the 5th time I took it in, a mechanic saw on the computer a loose ground. No nut. The wire would touch and ground the computer during normal driving, but when I made a sharp turn to the left, the engine would die. It would crank back up after a couple of minutes, or whenever the wire touched the lug.

Old 04-27-12, 05:52 PM
what folks usually forget, is that power train moves A LOT during turns on front wheel drive cars. Things can easily get pinched, rubbed, twisted, and such.

Search this Thread