brakes

Old 05-07-12, 02:56 PM
brakes

Hello
2007 Toyota Corolla
I had brakes done all around about 2 months ago and lately when I am going slow and brake there is a slight knock knock in the left front.
i guess it could be a lose anything but my question is should I go back to have it looked at?
I asked the mechanic and he said there was a 30 day labor warranty but there should be no trouble if it was just an adjustment -srt of confusing.
I don't know if this is something I can let go as I have a feeling it is more money.
I can't argue that it was not done right because I don't really know what I am talking about and at my age and condition I am unsure.
If it is a nusiance noise it is ok but if there is damage being done that is different I guess.
Thanx for an opinion.
Peter

Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-12, 03:48 PM
I can't argue that it was not done right because I don't really know what I am talking about and at my age and condition I am unsure.

take it back and let them re-check on it. first thing coming to mind is loose lug nut.

Old 05-08-12, 05:54 AM
It's a tough call on noises, especially for internet postings. Do you have any 'car guy' friends who can give an opinion? Regardless, you should have a mechanic take it for a test drive and take the wheel off to inspect the car corner

Old 05-08-12, 06:36 AM
Brakes are the most important system on a car (IMHO). There are no "nuisance" noises in brakes.
A noise in the brake system should be checked ASAP... could be as simple as a sway bar end link going bad but you have to confirm the source of the noise before "brake" becomes "break" !!

Old 05-08-12, 03:52 PM
You can't take a chance with brakes possible just brake pads shifting or retainer clips missing take it back to shop where brakes were done.you can always make it go but if you can't stop it your in trouble

Old 05-15-12, 08:03 AM
brake knock

Hello
I started the thread so thought I should follow up.
When the car has been driven a while it still knocks on the left side. I brought it back to the shop two times but one time there was no noise and the other the was a slight rotational tap tap tap.
He spulled the front tires and said there is no indication of any problem. The pads are like new(done in Oct) and said if it happens to bring it in. He said the rotors might need to be resurfaced more but there is no danger.
Does this give anyone any new ideas? My wife and I are going to drive from the MD to MA and are a bit concerned because it is not normal to knock at any speed.
Thank you
PS. I just wanted the moderator to know that I have to come back to the forum as I get no notification in my mail box with the address I gave.
It does not bother me but I thought you would like to know.

Search this Thread