2001 town and country po755 codes it is in limp in mode

Old 05-10-12, 08:58 AM
2001 town and country po755 codes it is in limp in mode

I have a 2001 chrysler town and country and the code came up PO755. " TCM HAS A DETECTED FAULT IN THE 2/4 SOLENOID CIRCUIT. " it lists a number of probable causes... -- open or short circuit switch
- poor electrical connection
- failed transmission solenoid/pressure switch assembly
- faulty ICM/ECM
Where do I start???
Dazed and Confused

Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-12, 09:04 AM
Thumbs down 2001 chrysler town and country shows up po755 solenoid circuit error!!!!

I have a 2001 chrysler town and country and the code came up PO755. " TCM HAS A DETECTED FAULT IN THE 2/4 SOLENOID CIRCUIT. " it lists a number of probable causes... -- open or short circuit switch
- poor electrical connection
- failed transmission solenoid/pressure switch assembly
- faulty ICM/ECM
Where do I start???
Dazed and Confused AND ITS IN LIMP IN MODE WHAT DO I DO BUY THE SOLENOID FOR MY TRANSMISSION GO FROM THERE OR DO I NEED TO WHAT? I GOT ONLY MONEY FOR THE PART THAT MIGHT BE OUT I AM MECHANIC MINDED I CAN DO THE JOB MYSELF BUT UNSURE THE CODE IS SOLENOID OR THE WIRE HARNESS TO THE TCM PLZZ HELP ME IF POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!?

Old 05-10-12, 09:14 AM
Super Moderator
I moved and merged your threads. Left both posts since you added some info.

Old 05-10-12, 09:15 AM
Ok i am new here just needing help here ok moderator

Old 05-10-12, 04:14 PM
this is a difficult promblem to diag without scan tool and transmission simulator.
trans relay should send power to pin #4 yellow /orange wire to power pressure solenid assy.possible solenoid promblem but without proper tools this is a expensive guess. the solenoid pack is not hard to replace just make sure it is aligned and dont over tighten.first thing i would check is the 8 wire connector going to the soleniod pack make sure is tight and no pin damage . town and country had a promblem with wiring harness to pack rubbing wiring and grounding out

Old 05-10-12, 05:17 PM
Thumbs down 2001 town and country po755 codes it is in limp in mode

well i had it tested at a local transmission shop and the tcm gave him on his device po755 he said that he would go with solenoid first then if not go from there i am just a little skeptical but i felt he was being hones he reset the codes tryied to go in gear and before he starded driving it it went back into limp mode and po700 and po755 which i know po 700 is just default code for trnsmission erro the other he said was in his words a 2-4 solenoid circuit error and said it was the solenoid needs replacing i found one on the ebay brand new from original mopar for 89$ but i also like the dorman one too from that site its 120$ with limited lifetime warranty i am also thinking maybe go ahead and get the input and output senssors as well to eliminate those issue from happening as well about 30 bucks for those both at local autozone well i believe if it was the tcm the error codes would not show and maybe it would say bios error not for sure if it is the tcm all i know is i want the right part i am going to clean the connector pins that go on the solenoid to ensure its not just the coneection i dont know about the wires either or how to buy those for the solenoid if u know please help i will buy those as well to elimante wireing issue to please let me know if any of this makes sense i need this vehicle badly running normal again running the transmission in second gear sucks and worried i am damaging it worse like intenal running it at 40 mpg at 3400 rpms!! PLEASE HELP ME !!

Old 05-11-12, 03:17 PM
A p0700 code is a tcm internal failure. Clear codes and drive if p0700 comes back you must replace tcm .if you have no input or output speed sensor codes don't see any reason to replace them take care of p0700 code first.

Old 05-17-12, 01:20 PM
Actually P0700 is nothing more than an MIL request from the TCM to the PCM requesting a check engine or service engine soon light. Very common in vehicles that do not have a separate trans fault indicator.

Old 05-17-12, 02:46 PM
Yes if p0700 code is in PCM it tells you there is a eatx controller fault if p0700 is stored in tcm it is a internal failure code.