Break light bulb/drive light bulb problem

Old 06-25-12, 09:45 PM
Break light bulb/drive light bulb problem

I have a 2003 Nissan altima with what I thought was a Bad 3157 bulb. The left side taillight-break bulb was not working at all, I swapped it out with a new one and now the break light comes on but not the taillight/drive light. Looks like the same bulb as far as I can tell. Is there a fuse I should be looking for? Any other idwas?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-12, 03:00 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
The fuse would operate both sides on the tail lights, so if the other side is working, then you may still not have the same bulb. Have you checked the book to make sure you have purchased the right bulb? Is there any corrosion or pitting in the fitment area of the bulb? Do you access this from inside or outside. If from inside make sure you have the bulb holder twisted in the keeper ring properly so all the contacts are made.

Old 06-26-12, 04:44 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
You might also check to make sure it's getting a good ground. My wife's merc kept loosing the driver's side brake/turn signal light. Replacing the bulb or sometimes just reinstalling it always fixed it - for a few months. The tail light always worked. I added a ground wire several yrs ago and haven't had to fool with it since

Old 06-26-12, 06:12 AM
How would I ground the socket? Which wire would I splice to create a new ground? The bulb is a 3157. The only other thing I can think of is it's not in all the way or I have multiple bad new bulbs which is highly unlikely.