2003 mitsubishi Brake Probs

Old 08-02-12, 05:36 AM
2003 mitsubishi Brake Probs

hello,i have a 2003 mitsubishi outlander 2 wheel drive 2.4 cylinder.i put brake pads on it last week.i squeezed the calipers in so i wouldn't have to bleed the brakes.after they was installed i still had half pedal of brakes so i decided to bleed the brakes.i got fluid out of each wheel cylinder 1 time and that was it.no matter how many times you'd pump the brakes i got no more fluid,just air.i un hooked the brake line that goes into wheel cylinders and was getting fluid there.i decided that the calipers was frozen and bought new ones.still no fluid comes out the cylinders.how do you bleed the master cylinder?? i wanna try this before i buy a new one or does anyonelsehave a solution to what this could possibly be. thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-12, 07:32 AM
Group Moderator
Does it have ABS?

Should have been no reason to have to bleed the brakes; the pistons have to be pushed back into the calipers to make room for the new pads. I don't know how you could have gotten air in the system unless the master was run dry.

Old 08-02-12, 02:47 PM
ahhhh - do your pistons press back in, or screw back in?

of course, by now, you have air everywhere in the system, but.. Mazda rear pistons SCREW in, not press in. So might be yours.

Old 08-03-12, 04:38 AM
Group Moderator
My main Mitsu experience is with sister's Lancer (which goes through fronts like there's no tomorrow); on those it's a push-in.

Search this Thread