2003 dodge grand caravan rear camber off-no adjustment

Old 08-07-12, 02:10 PM
2003 dodge grand caravan rear camber off-no adjustment

tire cupped. sears said no adjustment. I told them to shim it but they didn't have parts. can anyone give me instructions on shimming so I can do it myself. I found moog has shims at advance auto (1/4, 1/2, 3/4 degree shims)but have to order them. they could not give me instruction on how they go on? guess could use a diagram of hub area to understand how they install.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-12, 02:35 PM
You have a solid axle in the rear, right? Like a long bar with hubs on either end? Don't mess with camber there. I had it done before, on my LeBaron. You hit puddle after that at meaningful speed - you better hold that steering wheel and be prepared, rear end goes everywhere.
Your best bet is to cross rotate the tires on regular basis, back to front.

There was some good reason they set that camber high on those cars, I forgot what. I think, if you keep them vertical, you lose a lot of rear end stability. Start checking vehicles in front of you - outside of pick up trucks, all have rear tires leaning inward.

Old 08-07-12, 09:42 PM
can't find the printout now but in past they way it works is they put in your car year make and model and the specs are found. the machine then uses that info during the alignment to determine if the measurements are OK. so the camber was out of manufacturers spec.

Old 08-08-12, 01:55 PM
Do you have solid rear axle or not? Which it sounds like, if they started talking shims.

Moog Camber and Alignment Kit

Alignment Kit, High Quality Original Equipment Replacement

Quantity Sold: 1-corner set

Part #: MOK7264-1

05 2005 Dodge Caravan Alignment Kit - Suspension System | Drivewire.com

Search this Thread