'00 Buick Regal LS A/C issues.

Old 11-02-12, 12:54 PM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
'00 Buick Regal LS A/C issues.

So I just recently bought this buick, knowing that it had A/C issues. The issue is that the A/C light only comes on when it's on max air, but no air actually blows out. I'm a bit worried because I live in Florida and with the rain it's going to be rough without a defroster. So I assume the problem is a short or something. If anyone has any input or has dealt with this problem before and could provide some insight that would be awesome. If not I'll probably get it to a mechanic when I have the funds (college student problem) to pay for a A/C fix. Thanks for viewing this and any suggestions you can make.

Old 11-02-12, 02:00 PM
T
Sounds like it could be two distinct problems.

One problem is it not working on regular (draw fresh) AC.

The other is that the fan controller doesn't work.

The latter could be a resistor pack, which is how some car companies control the fan speeds. If that's how this car works, then probably replacing the resistor pack would do it.

Chrysler used to put theirs behind the glove compartment. I don't know about GM.

Old 11-12-12, 07:41 PM
T
With problems like this that you have to troubleshoot, it's always best to start with the small things first. You don't want to end up paying more to fix it then you have to.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: