door handle on a 2000 chrysler town and country

Old 09-25-12, 10:27 PM
Lightbulb door handle on a 2000 chrysler town and country

My driver side door handle on a 2000 chrysler town and country will not open from the outside but opens fine inside how can i fix this?

Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-12, 05:30 AM
Group Moderator
Well, that fix can be a bit daunting. You have to first remove the inside door panel in order to access the inside of the door. What's probably happened is that the rod that controls the linkage has come unfastened from the outside door handle. The actual fix can take almost no time at all, but taking the inner panel off and then back on can be time consuming. You also have to be careful of the linkage for the inside handle and any electrical connections when you remove it. Even with the panel off, working on interior linkage sometimes has to be done by "feel".

Old 09-26-12, 07:26 AM
To Further TowGuy's responce;
Be careful not to break or loose any clips while removing the inner door pannel. If you can, have spares handy (~$5 at a local parts store).
Be vary patient and take your time. Take note of where all the clips are located, as when you go to reassemble the inner pannel, you'll have to line them up without being able to see some of them.

Old 09-26-12, 03:43 PM
Thank you very much, i will have to do it on a day off then