2008 chyrsler sebring

Old 10-10-12, 09:59 AM
Question 2008 chyrsler sebring

I have a knock in my steering but it's not all the time and when it does happen it seems when I go far with the car. I had the tie rods replaced in January.it Knocks when I go straight and to make a left turn.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-12, 02:18 PM
Group Moderator
Several things possible, one would be worn struts or strut mounts. Probably going to need a good mechanic to diagnose it.

Old 10-10-12, 03:54 PM
Just as The Tow Guy said it can be many things, certainly all what he said but as well it could be a worn out sway bar link, or bar mounting. Are you also certain the knock is from the front end. Worn rear suspension arm bushings also like to knock. No way of knowing for sure what is going on without getting under it, but with links, they do not always show a looseness with the tires on the ground, and many sway bar links these days seem to have a relatively short life span because of how they are made and where they come from, and what level of lube they actually have.

Old 10-10-12, 07:23 PM
Old 10-11-12, 09:13 AM
I just noticed this morning that my front brakes are grinding once in awhile would this cause the knocking in my steering wheel?

Old 10-11-12, 11:19 AM
It could also be lower control arm bushings. I've replaced these on all the Dodge vehicles I've owned. Thankfully they don't need to be replaced as often as the tie-rods. I use to joke about having the change the tie-rods at every oil change.

As for the brake noise, when was the last time they where inspected, cleaned, greased?
I tend remove, clean and grease all the moving parts once a year, sometimes twice if I am doing something with the wheels off.

Old 10-11-12, 06:03 PM
I just noticed this morning that my front brakes are grinding once in awhile would this cause the knocking in my steering wheel?

no..

Old 10-11-12, 09:38 PM
grinding brakes could only cause this if you have wore them so far down that they are catching the fins on the rotor. or the brake pad is about to dislodge its self because its so thin it could fit between the rotor and caliper bracket. sense you need new brakes start with new pads/rotors and see if you dont find the problem along the way. wiggle the tire before you remove the lugs, to check the bearing, and tie-rod ends(new dont always mean good).

Search this Thread