1997 toyota camry dome light

Old 12-12-12, 11:42 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Angry 1997 toyota camry dome light

my dome light went out, so i tried replacing bulb. the old bulb did not look bad, but when i put the new one in, i saw sparks. understandably i blew a fuse. i looked under hood and replaced a blown fuse (the incorrect one, as i didnt look at the fuse labels on cover until later, but anyway, the bulb started working again... then it stopped! since the fuse is easier to check than removing plastic cover on head liner to check the, i checked the wrong fuse again, it looked good so i put the same fuse back in, and the light started working again, then, a day later, it quit again. this time, i found the correct fuse, it was blown, but there were no 7.5A fuses in extra fuses places, so i replaced it with a 10A, and it didn't work, then i replaced it with the 7.5A for the turn signal and it didnt work, but that fuse looks bent, not blown, and now i cant get that fuse to go back where i borrowed it from...IS IT ME? WHAT IS WRONG?

Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-12, 11:47 AM
Group Moderator
Received 47 Votes on 44 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Fuses blow for a reason, you need to find out what that is. What else is on that fuse?

Old 12-12-12, 06:03 PM
Received 5 Votes on 5 Posts
I am afraid to say, but I think, it is you. Judging from how many times you replaced wrong fuses and managed to bend one..
Sorry, no offense.

Old 12-12-12, 06:11 PM
Group Moderator
Received 343 Votes on 321 Posts
Oh my.....blown fuse haven

I used to remember the lighting systems in most cars but I'm out of practice. A lot of foreign cars don't just use a simple on-off switch to control the dome lights. They run it thru a body control module which may be one of the reasons why it's working and then not working.

Old 12-12-12, 10:05 PM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
i think your blown fuse has nothing to do with the dome light. i bet you have a bad door switch and is working/not working at its own will.