seat controls missing

Old 12-15-12, 12:36 PM
seat controls missing

Got a 2006 Chrysler Town & Country. The driver seat has controls down on lower left for moving the seat backwards/forwards, seat height up down/backrest forward/backward. a couple of small, plastic knobs.

For some reason, they've popped off. I've tried to put them back on, but no avail.

Is there any way, other than going to a Chrysler dealer, to get these knobs, and put them on?

I hate going to a dealer. They will normally charge you and arm and a leg....

If you have any great thoughts on how I can maybe save a bit and get this repair done, I'd sure like to hear it.

I think there might be some small part broken on the plastic insert. Maybe even I could put them on, if there is a place to get them at a resonable price.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-12, 01:39 PM
Group Moderator
The only way you'd find those knobs as an aftermarket part would to check out those HELP kiosks they have in most auto parts stores.

If I remember correctly from years back......those knobs were not a replaceable part.
If you look closely at the switch housing in the seat....does it look like they've snapped off or is there a place to reconnect a new one ?

Old 12-15-12, 02:54 PM
Look like they've snapped off.

I may just get new ones at Chrysler, and see if I can't glue them on.

Old 12-15-12, 06:44 PM
Take the broken part in to the parts department. Ask for the replacement part number when you ask for the price. Tell them you'll have to think about it, then take the part number home and do an Internet search for the part.

Alternatively, go to a junkyard to find the part.

Old 12-15-12, 07:02 PM
is something wrong with looking for those at junkyard?

Old 12-16-12, 04:41 AM
"look for those at junkyard".

Great idea! I'll do that, too.

Old 12-16-12, 08:14 AM
I mean - I am surprised, was not brought up before. That's where it all starts, as small peanuts, like knobs and such, are usually just grabbed off junk cars. Finding those for the right year model and color is a bit challenging, but that's what the phones are for. And they have tendency to be all same color anyway, like black. If I am understanding correctly what you looking for. Also, when you find them and put them back on, put some loktite in first. Was some reason they fell off.